i got tagged by the other mother to do a post that lists 7 things about me that you might not know. ok, i'll bite:
1. i have moved 28 times in my life. no, i am not an army brat. only 8 of those were during childhood.
2. i like to put semi-sweet chocolate chips in my cheerios. with the milk, the texture contrast is fantastic.
3. in my early twenties, i lived on a women-only land trust for 2.5 years. we had no electricity, and only a trickle of running water. i learned how to chop wood, grow vegetables, identify wild plants, preserve food, read by candlelight and many other things. i learned how difficult it can be to live by consensus decision making.
4. i worked as a plumber's helper for a few years, mostly on large scale, industrial construction sites. during the summer, the hours were 6am to 3pm.
5. i once got hired 10 different times in one year. i never got fired.
6. if i were stranded on a desert island and allowed to choose one food to eat for the rest of my life, i would choose avocado sushi cut rolls-- complete with soy sauce, pickled ginger and lots of wasabi. i am certain i could live on that. happily.
7. though i live with my share of clutter, i am a fiend for organizing. i love to sort things into containers, i love containers. i collect old suitcases and store things in them like photos, letters, videos, maps. my art supplies are logically divided and stored in labeled bins on a shelf in cosmo's room. it helps me to manage my pack-ratism.
ok. there you have it. that's my 7. now i tag chuck, magreen and greendaddy.